Saturday, March 19, 2011

Date?

So... I've decided once again to try and blog. Its been quite a while!

As always, I struggle with the boy factor, except for this period in my life its not about always having someone there its mainly that there has been no one for two years! In this long period of time I've learned so much from being a young single girl. I've learned that I don't need anyone but God to fill me. But as time goes on I still feel that there is that one thing missing. I keep asking God when? Where? Who? How about now? In my own effort to try and satifsy myself I curiously joined eHarmony. I've been on a few dates, most that have turned out to be not so good. I find myself coming home after a date thinking "Really?!?, this is so stupid!" I was encouraged by my best friend Stephanie to tell about one date in particular so here goes......

I had been talking with a guy, I'll call him Sam, for a week or so. He finally asked me out on a "date" to "hang out". I let him pick me up at 5:30. 5:30 rolls around and I get a text message. Its Sam: "Hey, I'm out front". Well, I waited several minutes and he never came to the door. So, I walk outside and he is sitting in the car. A real gentleman would have atleast come to the door right! To top that off, he never got out of the car! He leaned over and unlocked the door for me to get in. I was thinking this is so akward! We go to dinner at TGIFridays and the entire time he talks about his high school and people he knows that are still in high school. Then he goes on a tangent about how he isn't in debt and he never went to parties. Ummm... wait a minute...I dont want to talk about financial statuses on the first date. I finally realized why we had come to TGIFriday's. He not only had a coupon but it was on an empty chip bag. I wondered why he brought a chip bag. I thought maybe he wanted to eat chips with his dinner. He tried to give the waiter this chip bag every chance he got. (somewhat embarassing). Oh yes, in the mean time my brother calls and asks who's the guy I'm with. He teases me saying he is on the other side of the restraunt and makes me really nervous and I thought "Oh gosh, he's going to see me with him." We finish dinner, get to go boxes and then head out. We get to the front door of the restraunt and he throws his food up in the air and it goes everywhere! Yet again, another embarassing moment for me, and him I'm sure. We go to a movie and at the end we are walking down the stairs and he tries to hold my arm to help me down the stairs. From the theater out through the mall and all the way to the end of the parking lot he walks with his arm around me. I'm not really feelin' it. He seemed very young and immature so, to say the least, I felt like a pedifile walking around with him. I hope he wasn't really in high school. This date was a no go. Poor guy. Poor me. I feel like dating is ridiculous!~

2 comments:

Stephanie Calderon said...

LOL! I love this story Kristin!! :)

Mary said...

That is a great story! Not great as in turning out great, but great as in entertaining and awkward, as most of "our own attempts" go while we wait for God to move!! Embarrassingly enough, I dated a guy once when I was 17 who told me he was 16, and looked it (in my defense), but later found out he was an 8th grader...U.G.H. *I still shiver...gross* lol I love you and can't wait to hear more!!!